In September of 2019, we decided that we needed a better way to sample our rubs. Previously, if we weren't serving pulled pork or chicken, we'd just hand out a cup full of rub to the souls brave enough to throw it back like a shot. This was not ideal.
Enter the humble saltine cracker and our not so humble spice blends.
Here's how we do it:
Spice Rubbed Crackers
These crackers are straight fire
- 1 box of mini saltine crackers
- 3 tablespoons of neutral oil such as canola or grapeseed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of our Spice Blends
- Pour crackers in a bowl.
- Add oil to the crackers and toss to coat.
- Liberally apply the spice blend of your choosing to the oiled crackers. For best results, pulse the spice blend in a blender or spice grinder until powdered.
- Spread spice rubbed crackers on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and sprinkle the still hot crackers with another layer of spice blend.
- Let cool and enjoy! Store in an air tight container for up to a week, which is nearly impossible - they wont last that long.