Lately, I've been obsessed with eggs and the development of Somethin' To Beef About with its acidic, umami and spicy components only fueled that fire. I spent a decent amount of time a few weeks ago perfecting luscious, creamy, steakhouse style egg salad recipe. Quarantine, am I right?
At this point, my wife just rolls her eyes when I place another dozen eggs in the cart.
Here's the recipe for our Steakhouse Style Egg Salad! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Steakhouse Egg Salad
A Quarantine Obsession
- 12 large eggs, cooked hard.
- 3 green onions.
- 1/2 cup mayonaise.
- 2 tablespoons of prepared mustard.
- 1 tablespoon of Somethin' To Beef About.
- I like to bake my eggs. Place your eggs in a cold oven, directly on the rack and turn the oven to 300 degrees, setting the timer for 29 minutes. Remove the eggs and place them in some ice water with an acid such as vinegar or lemon juice. Let them cool and peel.
- While your eggs are cooling, chop up three green onions and set aside.
- Place your eggs in a stainless steel bowl and, using a fork, chop/crush your eggs to the consistency you want for your egg salad. It's your world.
- Add the onions to the eggs.
- Measure out the mayonaise, prepared mustard and Somethin' To Beef About and add to chopped eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in refrigeration for at least an hour to setup. I like putting it into a zip lock bag so I can pipe it out into whatever vessel I choose.
- Serve with in lettuce cups, on crackers or on some nice whole wheat bread with bacon and green onions.