Brussels Sprouts are a favorite in our family and are a constant partner-in-crime to our entrees. Doesn't matter if its a holiday, a birthday, or a Wednesday, you will probably find these flavor packed suckers on the table.
Did you know that brussels sprouts take barbecue flavors like no ones business? You will! These crispy, savory little flavor bombs will soak up those sweet, spicy and smoky notes, taking your meal to that next level.
Here's how we do it:
Barbecue Brussels Sprouts
Oven roasted to perfection.
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts, cleaned.
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons of Somethin' For Rubbin'.
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place a large sheet pan in the oven to come to temperature. While the oven is preheating, quarter the brussels sprouts and transfer them into a large bowl along with the bacon pieces.
- Drizzle the sprouts and bacon with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Dust the sprouts with approximately two tablespoons of Somethin' For Rubbin' and toss again, coating evenly.
- Pour the sprouts onto the preheated large sheet pan, arranging them in an even layer. Ideally, the sprouts would be flat side down to maximize the surface contact for ultimate caramelization. The sprouts should sizzle when added to the pan. Sprinkle the remaining spice rub over the top of the loaded sheet pan and return to the oven. Don't worry about any pieces that fall off the sprouts, they will get crispy and delicious!
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, scraping the pan and turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!