Today is Brian’s birthday, so I’ve given him the day off. While I’m not the culinary mastermind behind our recipes, I’m pretty good in the dessert department.
In my opinion, nothing tops off a barbecue quite like banana pudding; it's a Southern picnic staple and in my family, Mamaw's recipe is the only recipe. It's so good that Brian may even have proposed to me after I made it for one of his barbecues!
Hope you enjoy.
Jenny's Banana Pudding
- 2 small 3.4 ounce boxes of vanilla instant pudding.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 1 box of vanilla wafers.
- 6 bananas, sliced.
- 8 ounces of sour cream.
- 8 ounces of cool whip.
- Mix pudding, milk, sour cream and cool whip in a large mixing bowl with a wire whisk (do not use a hand mixer).
- Layer dish of choice (can be large bowl, trifle dish or baking dish) with vanilla wafers then bananas and top with a layer of pudding, and repeat until done.
- Crush remaining vanilla wafers and sprinkle on top to garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.