People often ask us how we us our rubs and the standard answers get doled out - pork, chicken, beef, tofu. However, nothing lights up the customers eyes quite like when we mention sweet potato fries.
Especially spicy sweet potato fries.
Here's how B.T. Leigh's does it:
Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel your sweet potatoes then slice into approximately 1/4 inch wide strips. Try to achieve a uniform shape so they bake consistently.
- Using the large bowl, toss your sweet potatoes in oil. You should use just enough to coat.
- Apply the 2 tablespoons of Somethin' To Cry About BBQ Rub to the sweet potatoes, sprinkling evenly. Toss the sweet potatoes in the rub to ensure even coating.
- Spread your sweet potatoes on your parchment lined baking sheet and place in the middle rack of your oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning occassionally, or until the sweet potatoes are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy! Pairs perfectly with Jalapeño Business as a dipping sauce!